2018 Open Championships
The 147th Open Championship returns to Carnoustie in July 2018 and will be the 8th time that the Open will be play at this Venue.
Each Championship has provided remarkable drama and excitement, with the 1953 victory by Ben Hogan standing out as one of the greatest Opens of all time, although one could easily argue that the 2007 victory by Padraig Harrington was simply the best of all Majors, or perhaps Paul Lawrie's famous play off victory in 1999 after Jean Van de Velde famously lost a 3 shot lead with one hole to play. Past winners include
2007 - Padraig Harrington
1999 - Paul Lawrie
1975 - Tom Watson
1968 - Gary Player
1953 - Ben Hogan
1937 - Henry Cotton
1931 - Tommy Armour
Add to Enquiry
Prices start from
£2235 per person
includes VAT and all local taxes.
Golf Scotland are offering offering Open Championship packages for the event. We have a choice packages available all of which include official entry tickets to The Open Championship at Carnoustie.
- Day 1: Wednesday 18th July - Arrive into Edinburgh or Glasgow Airport and be met by your Golf Scotland representative who will assist with your luggage. Golfers will then be transferred to The Invercarse Hotel where you will be based for your 5 nights stay. In the evening you will attend our Welcome dinner with live entertainment.
- Day 2: Thursday 19th July - After Breakfast you will be transferred by Motor Coach to play Kingsbarns Golf Links. Classed as 'Our Pebble Beach' Peter Dawson once said "There's no course I've been to where you can see more of the sea from every hole. The attention to detail is extraordinary"
- Day 3: Friday 20th July - After Breakfast you will be transferred by Motor Coach to the 3rd days play at the 146th Open Championships at Carnoustie. Official entrance tickets and return transfers are included in the cost of this package.
- Day 4: Saturday 21st July - After breakfast you will be collected from the hotel and transferred to golf over Gleneagles PGA Golf Course. Host of the 2014 Ryder Cup Nicklaus describes the course as "The finest parcel of land in the world I have ever been given to work with". From the back tees, the PGA Centenary Course measures 7,088 yards, the longest inland course in Scotland. However, the tees are graded at each hole in five stages, including a challenging 6,559 yards from the white markers down to 5,072 from the red.
- Day 5: Sunday 22nd July - After Breakfast you will be transferred by Motor Coach to enjoy the final days play at the 147th Open Championships at Carnoustie Golf Links along with the Presentation of the Claret Jug to the winner. Again official entrance tickets and return transfers are included in our package. A Farewell Dinner will be held at the hotel on your return from ther tournamnet.
- Day 6: Monday 23rd July - After breakfast you will be collected from the hotel and transferred to your airport for your return flight home or extend your stay in the Scotland using Golf Scotland's' expertise to plan your stay.
- Meet and greet on arrival at your arrival Airport
- Welcome dinner held on Wednesday 18th July
- 5 Nights accommodation in the The Invercarse Hotel Dundee
- Full Scottish Breakfast each Morning
- Farewell Dinner held on the Sunday 22nd July
- Official Entrance tickets to the Friday and Sunday of the 147th Open Championships
- 2 Rounds of Golf over Kingsbarns and Gleneagles PGA Course.
- Daily Transfers throughout the trip via Luxury Motor Coach