Scottish East and West Coast Tour
Enjoy the best of both worlds and experience a selection of Scotland's best Links Courses on the East and West Coast of the country. Stay 4 nights in the world famous town of Carnoustie and play 3 local courses including the Open Championship Course. Travel cross country and stay 3 nights in Troon, another famous golfing town, and experience 3 of the finest courses, Scotland's Ayrshire Coast has to offer.
Add to Enquiry
Prices start from
£1250 per person
includes VAT and all local taxes.
- Day 1: Arrive into Scotland and be met by your Golf Scotland representative who will assist with your luggage and take you to the car rental desk at the airport to collect your self drive vehicle. Travel to the Carnoustie Golf Hotel & Spa, Carnoustie where you will be based for the first 4 nights of your stay.
- Day 2: Today after a full Scottish Breakfast in your hotel, Golf has been included at Carnoustie Buddon Course. The newest of the three courses at Carnoustie, opened in 1979, was originally designed by Peter Alliss and the late Dave Thomas. Since then many changes have taken place including the most recent $1m investment in two new holes bringing the course up to a very testing par 68.
- Day 3: After another traditional Scottish Breakfast golf will be over Carnoustie Championship Course. The Championship Course has hosted seven Open Championships, one Ladies Open and one Seniors Open making it one of the very few to have done so in the UK. The Open Championship will return to the Championship Course in 2018. It is also one of the three courses used for the annual Dunhill Links. Generally regarded as the toughest of the Open venues for those who understand the game, a little more will know it is probably the fairest too.
- Day 4: After breakfast golf today will be over Carnoustie's Burnside Course. Sometimes overshadowed by its illustrious neighbour, the Burnside Course oozes character and from the back tees is a splendid test of golf. Many of the short holes would compare with any Championship Course anywhere with the 5th and 14th in particular providing dramatic challenges. It was here in 1953 where the great Ben Hogan shot 70 to help him qualify for the Open Championship which he subsequently won. Following your final round of Golf at Carnoustie you will travel to the Piersland House Hotel, Troon where you will stay for the next 3 nights of your trip.
- Day 5: After breakfast golf today will be over Western Gailes. If you enjoy the challenge of links golf, Western Gailes will test your skills to their limit. Regarded by many as the hidden gem of Scottish links it is a course which we believe should be in every golfer's "must play" list.
- Day 6: After breakfast golf today will be over Gailes Links. Gailes Links is The Open Final Qualifying course in Scotland from 2014 to 2017. Gailes has hosted major championship tournaments through the years and was designed by legendary golf architect Willie Park Jnr of Musselburgh. It was opened in 1892 by Glasgow Golf Club, the 9th oldest golf club in the world.
- Day 7: After breakfast golf today will be over Dundonald Links. Designed by the highly acclaimed golf course architect Kyle Phillips, also renowned in the UK for Kingsbarns and The Grove, the 7,100-yard, par 72 course was inspired by the timeless architecture of the great Ayrshire links courses of Royal Troon, Prestwick and Western Gailes, all connected by the historic rail line.
- Day 8: Travel to your chosen departure airport in time to return self drive vehicle to the car rental desk and check in for your return flight home.
- Meet and greet on arrival at your Scottish Airport
- Self Drive car rental throughout the tour including Standard CDW Insurance
- 4 Nights accommodation in the 4 Star Carnoustie Golf Hotel & Spa and 3 Nights accommodation in the 4 Star Piersland House Hotel, Troon
- Full Scottish Breakfast each Morning
- 6 rounds of Golf - Carnoustie Buddon, Championship and Burnside, Western Gailes, Gailes Links and Dundonald Links
- Golf Scotland Gift on your arrival in Scotland
- A dedicated Golf Scotland representative to co-ordinate your itinerary prior to arrival and available throughout your stay using our 24 hour contact telephone number