18 holes, 6805 yards,SSS73
Created on a narrow strip of land between the New Course and the sea, the Jubilee was originally a 12 hole course intended for ladies and beginners. It was the result of an initiative by the Town Council who had re-acquired the Links under the 1894 Links Act. In March 1897 the Council gave the go-ahead to Mr. John Angus Jnr to lay out the course and have it ready to play in the current season for the princely sum of £178.3s. 8d! A week later he had 20 men working on site. The course was ready on 22 June, the date of a public holiday to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria's accession to the throne. A commemorative Jubilee Fountain was unveiled on the Links and the Jubilee course was officially opened by the wife of the Provost John Macgregor. In 1902 David Honeyman, Tom Morris' right hand man, suggested that it was possible to extend the course to 18 holes. This was done in 1905 at a cost of £150, but only after an agreement had been reached with the local Rifle and Artillery Volunteers to regulate play when target shooting was in progress at the rifle butts at the far end of the course.
To find out more